Fire is no laughing matter

Its ability to ravage and destroy is often taken for granted and overlooked. Home fires are often started because of negligence: a candle could have been left lit and unattended or a kitchen towel was thrown hastily next to the stove as you were cooking. Depending on how big your home is, flames can engulf it in just a few minutes' time.

Always be cautious with fire and make sure all sources of fire are extinguished before leaving the room.

We are...

...water damage restoration professionals who serve the Albion area and other Nebraska communities. We specialize in water damage restoration, smoke and fire damage and clean up, mold remediation, document drying, and board up service.

Your home might very well be the biggest investment you'll ever make, so it is wise to have flood and fire insurance just in case of those untimely mishaps.

 You can reach us at 1-888 249-7727 if you are having any water, fire, smoke, or mold problems!

Keeping the Fire IN the Fireplace

Everyone loves the cozy effects that a fireplace can add to almost any room in a home. Fireplaces are a much sought after feature for many people who are in the market to buy a home. It is not just that they add that charming atmosphere, but they are a great source of heat for the room when they are operated correctly. Fireplaces in the home have made a tremendous come back in recent years and it seems that hardly any homes, even apartments and condominiums, are complete without them.

When you have a gas fireplace, it is important that they be maintained properly. If you have a problem with a gas fireplace such as, you suspect a gas leak or malfunction of any kind, do not attempt to repair it yourself. Dealing with gas can be very dangerous if you do not know what you are doing and this kind of repair is much better left to a professional. The best thing to do, if you can, is to shut off the gas to the fireplace unit and wait for your repairman.

When you have a wood burning fireplace in your home, it is even cozier to some people. There is just something very rustic and homey about throwing another log on the fire. Many people have been going this for so many years it is just a part of their home life. That does not mean that operating a wood burning fireplace does not come without its dangers as well. It is very important to keep your fireplace clean and use care when it has a fire in it.

Keeping your flue clean and in proper working order is essential for safety when using a wood burning fireplace. If you know what you are doing, you could do the chimney cleaning yourself, but it is a messy job and you might rather have a professional chimney sweeper come once a year and do it for you. The chimney cap, shingles, and flashing around the chimney on the roof needs to be kept in good repair as well to keep water from coming down the chimney when it rains.

When you use a wood burning fireplace always use either glass doors or a metal screen if the fire is left unattended. Many times certain types of wood will pop out sparks onto the hearth or the floor. They can actually go a goodly distance sometimes and catch fire to anything flammable nearby. Fireplaces are a big cause of many unnecessary fires in the home. Do not let your home be damaged or destroyed because you did not use enough care when using your fireplace.